Health partnership organises additional listening events in Tamworth and Stafford following high public demand
Together We’re Better (TWB), the health and care partnership for Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent, has organised additional listening events for local people in response to public demand.
Last month’s events in Stafford (3 June) and Tamworth (6 June) were oversubscribed and more people than expected wanted to give their views.
In response, TWB is returning to Tamworth on Monday 29 July and Stafford on Wednesday 31 July so that more people can have a say about their local health and care services, and also provide an opportunity to directly put questions to senior leaders in the health system.
The events are part of a 12-week public conversation that’s encouraging people in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent to share their views on current services, and the future direction of health and care in the county. There will be a total of 14 listening events for the public, a series of feedback events involving staff, a number of informal roadshows taking place in popular locations, and a survey that can be completed online. Participants are being asked what’s working well, what can be improved, and to share any ideas they have that would improve the system going forward.
Together We’re Better was established in 2016 to bring together NHS and local government organisations, alongside Healthwatch and voluntary and community sector groups to improve the delivery of health and care.
Sir Neil McKay, Independent Chair of Together We’re Better, commented: “So far, our listening exercise has been an enlightening and invaluable source of feedback from staff, patients, carers and the public. However, we are only half-way through this process. While hundreds of people have already taken part, we’re very keen to hear the views of as many people as possible so we can capture a wide range of opinions and experiences. Everyone has a unique perspective that is important to us. So even if you can’t get involved in person, we would welcome your contribution by phone or online. We need to hear from you.”
The following extra listening events will be taking place between 7 pm and 9.30pm (registration from 6.30pm):
Monday 29 July
Tamworth Masonic Rooms, 29 Lichfield Street, Tamworth, B79 7QE
Attendees are asked to book their place at https://twbtamworth29july.eventbrite.co.uk
Wednesday 31 July
Best Western Tillington Hall Hotel, Eccleshall Road, Stafford, ST16 1JJ
Attendees are asked to book their place at https://twbstafford31july.eventbrite.co.uk
How to get involved
More information about the 12-week public conversation can be found on Together We’re Better’s website at www.twbstaffsandstoke.org.uk/get-involved/health-and-care. There you will be able to:
- Read our Health and Care in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent document, and Summary document, that goes into more detail about what this is about, why change is needed, the challenges and opportunities locally and the areas we need to talk about
- Book a place for one of our other listening events taking place across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent
- Drop into one of our roadshows being held across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent in busy public areas such as shopping centres, supermarkets, leisure centres and libraries
- Complete an online survey that seeks your views
- Complete the online form on our Contact Us page, or call us on 01785 276926, if you have any questions or you wish to receive hard copies of the survey or other documentation (including Easy Read versions).
The 12-week public conversation is being held until midnight on Sunday 25 August.