Healthwatch Staffordshire is the consumer champion for health and social care for adults, children and young people. Our role is to enable people to feedback their views and experiences of the health and social care services they receive and for their input to influence how services are planned and delivered in the future.”
We have a simple ambition, to make health and social care services better for the people who use them in Staffordshire. We are here to understand the needs, experience and concerns of people who use services and speak out on their behalf.
Any current vacancies are listed below.
We currently have no employment opportunities. If you are interested in volunteering with us please visit Our Volunteer Opportunities Section
Job Title: Research and Insight Officer
Location: ECS Offices, Staffordshire Technology Park, Stafford.
Hours: 37 hours per week
Reporting to: Research and Insight Manager
To design, develop and deliver high quality research and insight projects to local commissioners and stakeholders across Staffordshire and the wider Midlands region and to regularly monitor intelligence collated from local health and social care service users in order to identify areas of best practice and areas for improvement within the NHS and local authority.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- To deliver the Research and Engagement Service, through a wide range of projects, utilising a variety of research methodologies and techniques, conducting fieldwork and producing transparent and accessible reports
- To keep up to date with new research on health and social care and wider market research activities and apply these methods to current and future work.
- To engage with the health and social care network across Staffordshire and the wider Midlands region to ensure a healthy pool of stakeholders to draw upon for fieldwork and engagement activities
- To continuously monitor and analyse intelligence (Including advocacy) collected throughout the various data collection platforms and use this intelligence to identify trends.
- To draw upon primary and secondary data and triangulate this with ECS and Healthwatch intelligence (including advocacy) for focused research activities
- To conduct fieldwork across Staffordshire and the Midlands and collect rich insight and evidence on health and social care issues
- To conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis in line with a robust project plan
- To utilise a peer review process with the line manager at each milestone of a project in order to ensure a robust methodological approach
- To design and produce appropriate high quality analytical outputs/reports that meet clients’ needs
- To support Healthwatch delivery through research and engagement and promotion of the service
- To act as an advocate for ECS and Healthwatch across Staffordshire and the Midlands and at appropriate National forums
- Develop a thematic lead across service areas and in support of a team approach, share best practice and learning.
Closing date: Friday 30th June 2017
Interview date: TBC