We are starting to add signposting resources to help you find local and national organisations that can help with specific issues you may have with Health and Social Care. These links will take you to another web page or to an online pdf document.

A picture of a flower next to a candle to illustrate grief.

Grief, Loss and Bereavement

Sources of local and national help for grief, loss and bereavement.

Mental Health Support

Advice from Staffordshire County Council

Equipment & Technology to help with Daily Living

Advice from Staffordshire County Council.

Audiology – Self-Referral

Information about self-referral for Audiology services.

Oral Contraception at Pharmacies

Did you know that some pharmacies can now help with oral contraception?

Safeguarding Advice from the Ann Craft Trust

Advice on safeguarding from the Ann Craft Trust – for you, a friend or relative.

Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Adult Safeguarding Partnership Board website

Problems Accessing Dentists

Healthwatch are aware of the current problems finding a dentist and have reported local feedback to a recent Parliamentary Enquiry about the lack of access to Dental Care. View a summary of the enquiry here

A magnifying glass looking at a tooth.


You can search for a dentist here by area. NOTE: They are few and far between and the information is not always up to date, so you will need to contact the dentist directly.

Find a Dentist

Emergency Dentist

If you have no other access to treatment you can call: Staffordshire Emergency Dental Service 0300 123 0981

The way children and families’ services are accessed has being streamlined with the introduction of the new single telephone number and email address. ‘Children and Families Single Point of Access’ (CaFSPA). Telephone 0808 178 0611 Email:

Staffordshire Connects | Listings in Health Services

Cost of Living Help

Many local councils in Staffordshire have webpages to highlight local sources of help.

Our information sheet contains links to all of these – click to see the Cost-of-Living links.

Am I a carer?

Advice from Staffordshire County Council about carers.

Most people know they can call NHS 111 for medical help. Did you know there are different ways to contact the service?

You can now do this on the internet or by using other means for people who have difficulties contacting 111 on the phone.

Read our guide here.

Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Integrated Care System (ICS) (

Healthwatch has been working with the ICB with giving feedback on the new ARRS roles (Additional Reimbursable Roles). These roles will help with Access to Primary Care. Please see video by Dr. Paddy Hannigan Introductory Video – YouTube

Logo for Annabelle's Challenge. A pink crown.

Information on Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (VEDS)

Annabelle’s Challenge is the leading charity for Vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (VEDS) in the UK. Tel 0800 917 8495

Information Pack

Ehlers Danlos website also has information about this condition

Grief, Loss and Bereavement

Sources of local and national help for grief, loss and bereavement.