Type 2 Diabetes Prevention week
You can prevent Type 2 diabetes by eating a healthy, balanced diet, maintaining a healthy weight and keeping physically active
• People living with diabetes face a significantly higher risk of dying with COVID-19.
• There are some groups at higher risk of Type 2 diabetes: men, people of South Asian or Black ethnicity, people who are overweight and people with a family history of Type 2 diabetes.
• Find out your risk of Type 2 diabetes by using the Diabetes UK Know Your Risk Score atriskscore.diabetes.org.uk or by searching know Your Risk’.
• If your score comes back as ‘at risk’, sign up for your free local Healthier You programme via self-referral.
• Or, if you think you or a family member may be at risk, ask at your GP practice about your free local Healthier You programme