Introduction to Healthwatch Staffordshire
Healthwatch is the champion for people using health and social care services. We listen to people’s views about health and social care service including their experiences and encourage health and social care services to involve people in decisions that affect them.
We work for positive change in health and social care in Staffordshire as well as highlight good practice within services.
We rely on volunteers like you to help make services better. Here’s how you can get involved with Healthwatch Staffordshire.
As a volunteer, you will support Healthwatch Staffordshire in fulfilling our purpose in being the champion for people using health and social care services. You will make a difference by connecting with people in your local community, including those whose voice is seldom heard so their experiences can help make health and care better.
There are many benefits to volunteering with your local Healthwatch. These include:
- An opportunity to contribute positively to your local community, help people, and make a real difference to their lives
- A chance to learn new skills with training and personal development opportunities
- A useful stepping stone to employment
- An opportunity to meet a diverse range of people and develop connections with people in your local community
- Being part of a great team of volunteers, with dedicated staff to support you